Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dengue Fever

I bet you guys thought I wasn't going to write today!   News for this week: Reyna hasn't been baptized yet because she broke her leg on the island of Ometepee.  She hasn't made it back to Granada yet, but hopefully this Saturday though!! We are teaching a man named Julio Cesar who has had missionaries since June, but now finally we are getting him baptized this Saturday!  Also we have been teaching a girl named Deleska, who we are baptizing this Saturday as well!! So this week is looking really good! We also contacted a family and the dad is super positive.  After our first visit, he decided to read a pamphlet about the restoration that we gave him.  Afterwards, he opened up his Bible and started to read in Amos about tithing.  On our second visit, he was like here is some money for my tithing that I need to pay! Ha-ha.  He is super awesome!
I’m not sure if this is one of the things I am not supposed to tell mom or not, so I will let you decide.  It sounds kind of bad, but it really isn't that bad.  I will be good by next Monday.  I guess I have dengue fever and I have a parasite in my stomach.  I named him Julio because he is a pain, but I kinda like him. The parasite is inflaming my stomach to make it look like gastritis, so that is why I have the chest pains! Ha-ha, I’m freaking mess.  We are not taking the advice of the Managua doctor concerning the parasite; instead we are consulting the LDS area doctor in Granada.  We should have an answer tonight or tomorrow.
Here is something funny. I have been in the hospital all day and I had my first IV.  I was super bummed that I didn't get to take a pic because I didn't have my camera!  They had to take a blood sample and they nurse kept poking me and couldn't find my vein.  The as she hits it, I started to feel super sick and wanted to throw up and stuff. Then boom, I passed out.  When I woke up, there was like three nurses with alcohol wipes rubbing my nose and stuff.  I thought it was funny and started to laugh.  The the nurses were really worried because they thought I was crazy! After a couple of hours, they put some fever reducer in me and boom, I passed out again.  So right now I am super weak and if I stand up to quickly things get swirly and crap.  Ha-ha, but I am fine now.  We just got back to Granada, but if I am not doing well tomorrow I have to go back. The president will be able to take me because tomorrow he is interviewing our whole zone.  So he will see how I am doing and decide what to do I guess. It really isn't that bad, I will survive. 
I am running out of time on the computer, I love you!  Talk to you next Monday!

Elder Bronson
Jordan seeing his Nicaraguan haircut

No comments:

Post a Comment